Tuesday, February 26, 2013

On Writing Lovey Dovey Stuff

Hola!! 

Akhirnya dibuka lagi blognya. 
 
Side note: I was thinking of posting my Rectoverso The Movie review before this, but um I decided against it. The things I was going to say is not pretty (to say the least) and let's just say I kinda fear the reaction afterwards (not that my blog is read by so many people - none? - but you'll never know). But I'll post it later if I have nothing else to do (other than watching kdramas, of course)

So. Had a funny experience last weekend. I went out with a dear friend of mine and she asked: "Why the hell did you write all that lovey dovey stuff?" 


  Haha. To be honest, I've been pondering about this question for quite some time. I've been writing ever since I was a little kid and for those who are really, really close to me (you know who you are), they know exactly what kind of piece I used to write: anything dark and twisty and has lots and lots of blood in it. Even when I was just around 12 years old, I wrote things about dead babies under a tree or something (I don't remember. My close friend was actually the one who enlightened me about this). My favorite self-written short story (safely saved in Draft folder in my computer. If there's anyone who would like to read it, I would gladly share it with you. Just let me know) is about suicide and I once wrote a story about a kid killing her grandmother (Relax. It's fictional. My granny is still alive and kicking and I love her so much). My favorite movie director of all time is Park Chan Wook (Symphathy for Lady Vengeance -my personal favourite-, Old Boy, Thirst and the upcoming Hollywood Debut - Stoker) and Quentin Tarantino (Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Kill Bill, Inglorious Basterds). My favourite Indonesia movie is Pintu Terlarang. Of all local music videos I've seen, I still think Letto - Senyumanmu and Peterpan - Tak Ada Yang Abadi is simply the best (check them out if you haven't). 

All that good stuff. 

Let's not start psychoanalyzing me now. I'm fine.
Or am I? *cue horror music*

Anyway, that's why I think that me writing about that lovey dovey stuff is a mere coincidence. I do feel like I need to get back to my (dark and not so pleasant) root though, because well, it's been weighing on my mind. There are stories that have been forming lately and just waits to be out there. The thing is, when I told my friend about this idea last weekend, my friend was like: "Are you crazy? Who's going to publish that?" *shiver* 

Haha. 



But before all that, let's just think on start writing anything again, shall we? *self-toyor*




1 comment:

  1. start from writing lovey dovey things, just try it in your real life, again :p

    ReplyDelete